[aprssig] PK232 TNC as WIDE1-1 digi?

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Fri Nov 18 08:59:49 EST 2005

A local group wants to set up an APRS digi in their area. I've been
following the region, and I've convinced them that we don't really need a
Wide-area digi there, but a fill-in would definitely be useful (there are a
few RF holes in the vicinity). This works out, because they only have an old
PK232 digi, which I understand isn't suitable for WIDEn-N use.

I'm not abundantly familiar with this TNC. To save time, I'm asking if
anybody in the group has specific settings that should be applied to turn
this TNC into a WIDE1-1 *only* digi. If I can give them specific
instructions, we can get this digi on the air quickly. If we decide later a
WIDE-area digi is more suitable, we can look at swapping out the TNC with
something UIDIGI-compatible.

Thanks;
Brad.