[aprssig] Vehicle Tracking

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Thu Nov 17 08:44:41 EST 2005

Hmmm.... you could call on a cell phone every day and read off your GPS
coordinates!  ha!

Tiny track ( www.byonics.com ) or opentracker ( www.n1vg.net ) should
work for you.  Both units are priced in the $30 range.

As far as mapping goes, if you use AGWPE sound card software hooked to a
receiver at home, winaprs or ui-view or xastir are all capable of using
the sound card as a TNC.  Although xastir is my favorite, it's not for
the faint of heart.  Both winaprs and xastir use free USGS maps, while
ui-view can use maps extracted from street atlas or interface directly
with an installed copy of precision mapping.

Wes