[aprssig] Alinco or ???

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Wed Nov 9 20:47:02 EST 2005

> I'd love to see a TNC that supports KISS as a replacement
> part for the TNC that's in the DR-135.  In the meantime
> though I can't complain in the least, it's provided reliable service.

I'm still working on my board.  It decoded its first packet off the air
today.  It's not quite decoding ALL of the packets yet (or even a majority)
but I'm still tweaking the code and haven't done any hardware tuning yet.

This particular board is intended as a 2-way tracker (one with waypoint
transfer capability), but it ought to serve adequately as a 1200 baud KISS
TNC, at least for APRS.  It's only got 2k of RAM, so I wouldn't want to try
to run TCP/IP over it.

As I've mentioned before, there are still production hurdles to overcome -
in particular, dealing with the oddball pin header needed to connect to the
DR-135T's main board.

To those using the on-board TNC as a tracker - how are you using it?  Are
you on 144.39 full time, using it through a voice repeater, or something
else?

Scott
N1VG