[aprssig] UI-TERA and Terraservice

Brian Webster bwebster at wirelessmapping.com
Tue May 24 14:24:39 EDT 2005

Use Radio Mobile http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html, it automatically
downloads the Terra Server images (color if they are available) and makes a
map of the area of interest that you create. When you save the image (Map)
the program automatically generates the .ini file for use in Ui-View. You
can also do this with topo maps off the terra server site. Radio Mobile is
not the easiest thing to learn but for your purposes just to create maps it
should be fairly quick to pick up. I know it will save you a lot of time
creating the maps. The search and rescue guys could make good use of this
feature too.

Brian, N2KGC