[aprssig] UI-TERA and Terraservice

Tyson S. timbercutter at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 00:25:44 EDT 2005

Hi, Is there anyone here who has done anything towards automating the
process of downloading and converting files from Terraserver to use in
UIVIEW32? I have been using UI-Tera and it is a great tool, but you
have to manually do one map at a time. I am looking for a way to have
some software or something that can read an excel spreadsheet of
lat/longs and create UIVIEW maps and .INI files from the Terraserver
topo map server. What I have is a list of legal descriptions with the
Lat/Longs for the center of each section of each township and range.
For the area I live in there are 4,832 Sections and I really don't want
to have to type that all in by hand. If there was a solution then it
would be really easy for people to have both topo and aerial photos of
the areas that they live in nationwide.