[aprssig] UI-TERA and Terraservice

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed May 25 03:00:45 EDT 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Brian Webster wrote:

> Use Radio Mobile http://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html, it automatically
> downloads the Terra Server images (color if they are available) and makes a
> map of the area of interest that you create. When you save the image (Map)
> the program automatically generates the .ini file for use in Ui-View. You
> can also do this with topo maps off the terra server site. Radio Mobile is
> not the easiest thing to learn but for your purposes just to create maps it
> should be fairly quick to pick up. I know it will save you a lot of time
> creating the maps. The search and rescue guys could make good use of this
> feature too.

But everyone knows that _real_ SAR guys use Linux.  ;-)

Xastir can do similar things to what you describe above.  Just
another data point.  From a SAR guy.

P.S.  Xastir runs on a lot of different operating systems, not just
Linux.  It can even be made to run on Windows.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer