[aprssig] D700 owners Packet Capability Urgent

Eric Christensen kf4otn at ericsatcom.net
Mon May 23 18:09:35 EDT 2005

Floyd,
I would definitely recommend running an external TNC and radio for
connected packet.  The KPC-3+ will do well but only at 1200 baud.  The
KPC-9612+ will do both 1200 baud and 9600 baud.

The D700's built-in modem doesn't have enough onboard memory to operate
for significant data transfers.

73s,
Eric KF4OTN
kf4otn at amsat.org
http://www.ericsatcom.net

Project OSCAR Member
AMSAT-NA Member: 35360
AMSAT Eastern North Carolina Area Coordinator