[aprssig] D700 owners Packet Capability Urgent

Floyd Rodgers kc5qbc at swbell.net
Mon May 23 18:03:29 EDT 2005

I need to know QUICKLY just how well the tnc in the
D700 plays as related to normal packet operations. The
senario is a county wide packet network sending files
and messages between about 50 positions. I've been
told by a few that the TNC is a minimal capable unit
and may not be up to this task. Please give me your
opinion as to whether it would be better to have a
dualband rig and a KPC3/KPC9612/KAMXL or if the D700
is up to this task. Please backup your opinion with
examples of pro or con. I have 24 hours to decide....

KC5QBC Floyd