[aprssig] Re: Field Day Digi + I-Gate

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed May 18 19:36:29 EDT 2005

FIeld Day will not have any IGates.  The ARRL
rules require us to operate without any of the
existing APRS infrastructure and to only operate
via equipment and the network that we build that
day.  (Operating come-as-you-are is what APRS
was supposed to do well.)  So I dont see any
need for IGates.  It will just confuse things.

Bob

>>> Gonzales Andy <agonzales at arc.nasa.gov> 5/18/2005 2:15:31 PM >>>
Whaat will the requirment for I-Gate's.  Do you want the 144.39
I-Gates to QSY over to 145.01 or should other volunteers set-up
I-Gates. In an emergency, the internet make become disabled, but for
FD, it come serve to document the effectiveness of the plan.
--
Andy Gonzales
KG6RWO

MS 244-19