[aprssig] UIdigi settings for New-N

Bruce, KQ4TV aprs at almostanywhere.com
Wed May 18 10:01:50 EDT 2005

I just want to clarify some things that Ron, N5IN has posted recently.

We do not need to include WIDE1-1 in the UIDigiCall (Uidigi) parameter
to get it to work as required/expected.
Is that correct?

My copy of UIDIGI.TXT v1.9b3 has the following

/
// UIFLOOD Algorithm flag  (default 0)
//  bit 0 make call substitution after the last WIDEn-n digied
//  bit 1 insert callsign before WIDEn-n
// UIFLDfl [n]

UIFLOODOptions         =       1

/
/
// UITRACE Algorithm flag (default 0)
//  bit 0 makes call substitution after the last TRACEn-n digied
//  bit 1 Disables
// UITRFl [n]

UITRACEOptions          =       0

/

I don't understand where
UIFLOODOptions = 4
UIFLD 4
or
UITRACEOptions = 2
UITRF 2

are coming from.
Is there another version or something newer that I have not been able
to find?

--
Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV
Trustee for NT4UX