[aprssig] Pm maps 3.5, winaprs ?

Ed L. Locklear, KF4CHG kf4chg at earthlink.net
Mon May 16 09:43:26 EDT 2005

Brian Webster wrote:

> Chris,
> 	If you look at the Winaprs TAPR download site, there is a special version
> of Winapars with the new features but works with the old PMaps version. I
> think it is version 2.7.6, the nice thing is this version eliminates the
> mic-E conversion problem if you are gating any RF traffic to the internet.
> This version also has the Tiger map server features if you want to try them.
> If you already have version 2.5.1 running, you just need to put a copy of
> the new executable in the same directory and run it. You don't need to kill
> your old version. There is a minor bug, for each PMap window you have open
> you will have an additional button on your taskbar. It does not seem to
> bother anything other than take up space on the taskbar.
>

> Brian, N2KGC

Mark,

Unless the pmapOCX has been upgraded to work with the new version of
PMap v7.0 from Undertow Software, it probably will not work with WinAPRS.

When Undertow upgraded from V6 to V7 they changed their formats.  The
reason I say this is because, UI-View32 uses PMapServer to work with
PMap.  A new PMapServer V7 had to be written in order for it to be
compatible with PMap V7.  Undertow Software no longer sells the V6 of Pmap.

If WinAPRS is not compatible with PMap V7 then don't waste your money,
unless you use UI-View32.

Ed, KF4CHG
UI-View/WinPack Registrar