[aprssig] Re: [uidigi] Shoehorning the 'New Paradigm' into UIDIGI 1.9B3 - Revised

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri May 13 15:02:59 EDT 2005

>>> n2lbt at spamcop.net 5/13/2005 1:52:04 PM >>>
>The biggest  problem... on the east coast is we can
>be in 2-3 hop range of 3-5  metro areas. ...it's not
>traffic that originates  here it's the traffic that
>terminates here that causes the problem.

Yes, the New-N solution is the classic GOLDEN RULE.
Your local problem is only solved when everyone else
around you adopts it.  But eventualy we will get there.
So the (near term) solution is to motivate all digi owners
to get with the New-N configurations...

Still in Baltimore area, we have 25% or more of all
users still using WIDE and RELAY.  But this is down
from over 60% when we first started.  And the
difference on the channel is very noticible.  You can
actually hear several seconds of silence some times...

Bob