[aprssig] WinAPRS as IGate

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Thu May 12 10:35:10 EDT 2005

I am part of a group that is going to be tracking a balloon this Saturday in
East TN (see http://balloon.utarc.org). The current projected path that the
balloon will take has poor digi coverage, so I am asking that anyone with
capabilities to IGate (RF to Internet) the balloon's packets do so. We will
have some people monitoring the internet feed to keep up with the balloon;
some will assist the recovery team by watching to for packets that the
recovery team does not hear directly or via a digi, others just to watch the
balloon's flight. One person in this area runs WinAPRS, and is willing to turn
it on as an IGate for this event...but he does not know how.

When I tried WinAPRS, I found that enabling an internet connection would
quickly cause my stations list to fill up and then things would stop showing
on my screen. Is there anyway to have WinAPRS connect to a filtered port?