[aprssig] WinAPRS as IGate

Dennis Hudson n2lbt at spamcop.net
Thu May 12 10:10:11 EDT 2005

Yes, it CAN be an IGate but there are many other program better
suited for full time IGate functions.

Go to Settings>TCP/IP Connections>TCP/IP Settings and click "Feed
(echo) local data to TCP/IP"

Now I'm not sure about all the caveats of using WinAPRS as a gate. I
stopped using MacAPRS as a gate in favor of aprsd and now javAPRSrvr.
I think if you use the most recent version it will at least not
destroy the mic-e packets or damage any payloads but as I recall it's
not the smartest about reverse gating and local message delivery.

Is this going to be full time, are you the only IGate in your aloha
circle? Tell us a little more about what you are trying to do and
about your local network.

--
Dennis Hudson, N2LBT
Sysop APRSALY