[aprssig] Help explaining packets

Ken Brown W2KB at comcast.net
Wed May 11 20:54:57 EDT 2005

Pete,

Here's what UIView's help info in the .ini says for configuring the Igate.
My setup is at the default 0 so *only* local traffic (e.g., to stations
heard direct) should be gated.

;MAX_DIGIS_FOR_LOCAL specifies how many digis a frame
;can pass through and the sender still be regarded as a
;local station. The default of 0 means that only
;stations heard direct are regarded as local. You can
;effectively disable the checking by putting any number
;greater than eight, because no AX25 frame should ever
;pass through more than eight digis.
;
MAX_DIGIS_FOR_LOCAL=0

I believe that W0SNJ is about 35 miles from me and as I have a relatively
high elevation above average terrain so my station probably does hear him
directly from time to time.

73, ---Ken W2KB