[aprssig] Help explaining packets

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Wed May 11 14:26:17 EDT 2005

No, you said "I don't understand the need for IGATES to gate to RF at
all."  Big difference.

> I don't even need a DIGI for that.  In fact my original
> question was to help me figure out how to send messages
> without generating alot of traffic.

Simple: Minimize your path.  If you don't need to go through a digi or
only need to go through one, then set your path accordingly.

Should no-source-route digipeating be implemented in your area, then
this will become a non-issue.

Sorry if you took my earlier comments personally, they were not.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net