[aprssig] PCsat Sate-Gates

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 5 19:04:03 EDT 2005

>>> aprssig at ei7ig.org 5/4/2005 5:27:19 PM >>>
>You mentioned somewhere before about using a
>TM-D700 to receive PCSAT [on 145.825] and to
>transmit on a local  APRS frequency [144.800 to
>an Igate}...

Actually I do not like nor receommend that approach.
because the packets arrive into the APRS system with
no indication that they came via Space.  They get
marked as having been digipeated terrestrially...

I strongly prefer that the D700 (or whatever receiver)
simply feed a PC directly that itself is an IGate and
injects the packets into the APRS Internet system.

>I'm also working on getting the soundcard on a
>server... running 24/7 I could have it listening
>somewhere and igating packets.

That is the ideal way to go.  You can have receivers
on 145.800 for ARISS packets, on 145.825 for
PCsat packets and 435.275 for PCSAT2 packets
and/or a receiver on 437.975 for PCSAT2 9600
baud packets.  See the ops plan for PCSAT2:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/pec/pc2ops.html

de Wb4APR, Bob