[aprssig] Local Event using RELAY?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Mar 29 14:47:01 EST 2005

On Mar 29, 2005, at 1:29 PM, Robbie - WA9INF wrote:

> I have not found anything in the D-700 operation manuals to confirm
> what Wes said, and assumed it to be in jest, <g> The tnc can not be
> operated on two vhf frequencies simultaneously and have DCD control or
> hold off the transmissions in a digipeater configuration.

No joke.  Menu 1-6-2 (radio-tnc-dcd sense), choices are data (RX) band
or A&B.  Page 24 in the instruction manual, with a little more info on
page 5 of the specialized communications manual.

If you'd like for the TNC to only transmit when both bands are quiet,
e.g., when you're in a voice QSO and don't want APRS to step on the
party you're listening to, this is useful.  It's also useful for what
Wes described.

-Jason
kg4wsv