[aprssig] Local Event using RELAY?

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Tue Mar 29 14:52:43 EST 2005

I assure you it can be done.... only the last part of my email this
morning was
in jest... to break the mood in this thread.

The radio can operate V/U, V/V, or U/U, and you can "cross up" the TNC so that
it listens on one side and TX's on the other side.  DCD is the same
way.  While
it is true the TNC can't listen to two frequencies at one time, it can DECODE
one side and monitor the squelch status on the other or both sides.  It really
is a slick radio, despite some very minor drawbacks.

I'm on dialup at work right now, so it'd take me forever and a day to download
the PDF manual from kenwood.  Perhaps someone can chime in with the menu
numbers for DCD and TX/RX selection?

Wes