[aprssig] Puget Sound packet hog counter

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Mar 24 10:45:17 EST 2005

>I just looked at the packet hog usage,...
>at.  http://packet.fortgirlfriend.com/usage.html

I sure wish this page displayed the full PATH or a link to it.
It does have a column that shows ****CHECK*** though
I'm not sure what that means.  But it does not show if
RELAY or WIDE preceeds the display.

In the example you gave, the station is using
RELAY,TRACE3-3 and it is the RELAY that is causing all
the dupes, since RELAY and WIDE have no dupe
eliimination mechanism.

We have got to get people to realize that beginning a path
with RELAY is a definate DUPE generator, and that it
should not be generally used.  Especially in areas
saturated with mountain top digis...

de WB4APR, Bob