[aprssig] TM-271A mini-DIN

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Sat Mar 19 19:30:57 EST 2005

Hi Mike
             Not sure what you mean by data mode since you are
talking about an external TNC.
But I can tell you that the dr-135t when the power is cycled the
radio does come back on but its internal tnc is off.

On 19 Mar 2005 at 18:05, Mike Nettles wrote:

> On the dr-135 I was told if the power was cutoff..ie power line failure it
> wouldn't stay in data mode. For instance, if you have a 9600 baud
node site
> with this radio and an external tnc. You might be traveling back to
the site
> if the power fails to put it back in data mode, unless you have a
battery
> backup on that site.
> I was looking at the dr-135 and tm271 for a 9.6k node site.
> Mike kb5wbh

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs