[aprssig] APRS System Overiding Fundamentals

A.J. Farmer (AJ3U) ajfarmer at spenet.com
Tue Mar 8 18:11:15 EST 2005

> Jim Andrews said:
>As a long-time UI-View user, could you elaborate on what abilities are
available
>in APRSdos that UI-View has difficulties with, in the context of what is
being
>discussed here.

A couple of things off the top of my head:

The ability to have an object follow a pre-defined route

The ability to click on the map to create an object

There are some other things out of context of this discussion that would be
worth starting a new thread rather than cluttering and confusing this one.

** Please Please Please ** people, don't take this as UI-View bashing.  It
is not.  Like most of you, I have used UI-View32 for years and only recently
started playing with APRSdos after being impressed by Bob's demo.  All I am
trying to do is point out some things APRSdos can do that UI-View can not.
And it goes without saying that the door does swing both ways. ;-)

73!

A.J. Farmer, AJ3U
http://www.aj3u.com