[aprssig] Please Fix Your UI-Traffic

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Fri Mar 4 11:31:48 EST 2005

At 06:46 AM 2/27/2005, hasan schiers wrote:
>Anyone running UI-Traffic, it has a well-established bug that many people
>don't know about, so please, if you are running ui-traffic, follow the
>instructions below and fix it. If you have ever made ANY kind of change to
>your ui-traffic setup, including object name, you WILL have this bug of
>sending multiple objects, incorrect object counts, ill-timed positions, etc.

         I looked at your message and thought how handy that would be when
making comparisons between different parts of the country.  But I'm sure
confused by the program!

         It looks like UI-Traffic is putting out both the object
(TFC_KD5XB) and MY OWN STATION (kd5xb-2), and then UI-View also outputs my
position, so I have conflicting reports going out.  I get the "?" icon on
TFC_KD5XB and then KD5XB-2, and next I get the house icon from
UI-View.  Something I'm doing wrong?

         Thanks,
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info