[aprssig] Pete's NSR idea

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jun 24 11:53:21 EDT 2005

>>> needhame1 at plateautel.net 06/24/05 9:38 AM >>>
> Bob has succeeded in getting people in the "sticks"
>to change their digis so they will only repeat WIDE2-2
>or less,

Ah, but absolutely no where in anything I have ever written
has that been what I said.  2-2 only applies to very
dense or contiguous areas.  I even made a MAP of them
from hard data.   What this demonstrates to you is that
SYSOPS often do things that may not be the same that
some users need in some areas.  Hence my concern over
making a network based on NSR where the users are 100% at
the mercy of some digi owners.

Well managed NSR networks can work very well.
But many digis are operted by absentee owners
and by nature cannot be as responsive to changing
needs as the current system.

I have even said that in this higest density area
of Wash DC and baltimore that we should ALLOW
W3-3, but only encourage 2-2 for routine
operations.

Bob, WB4APR