[aprssig] Pete's NSR idea

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Fri Jun 24 12:04:58 EDT 2005

Here's the trick to NSR.... you _can_ run ONE GENERIC path all the time
in your tracker.... and when you are in one of those square states out
west, your tracker can be heard for 100's of miles.  RUnning the SAME
path, as you come into the squiggly states in the east, the your packets
will only been seen for 10's of miles.

It's kinda funny... we fight so hard for a "one size fits all" path, and
we're right on the brink of it.... and it ain't necessarily WIDE2-2!
(although it can be WIDE2-2 for backward compatibility until NSR is
everywhere)

Wes