[aprssig] GPS FIX MOUNT FOR MOBILE USE???????????

David Boswell n4apy at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 23 18:21:55 EDT 2005

Does any mfg make and sell an external GPS unit (Hockey Puck size) to plug
into the D7A and/or D700.

I visited an APRS store today and I can get GPS on the cheap, small btty
powered gps and order the connecting cord (6-8wks delay) or on the silver
platter .  We all spend a lot on the basic radio and then get stuck for
three times the radio cost for the GPS and its connecting
cables............I know if you don't like the cost stay out of Ham radio,
that is not the issue, a great application is made available but we have to
cobbled it together out of third vendor parts.

Somewhere there has to be a better way.

David N4apy

David Boswell