[aprssig] Min Required Rx Threshold?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jun 23 19:17:31 EDT 2005

>>> pdevanney at rogers.com 06/23/05 5:24 PM >>>
>I am using Radio Mobile to estimate digipeater coverage.
>
>Does anyone know Minimum Receiver Threshold
>values that would be appropriate for 1200 and
>9600 baud packet, that will provide for "decent" copy.

Measured with two separate D7 and D700 and results
were -122 dBm for 1200 baud and -115 dBm for
9600 baud.  But be aware, it can be 20 dB worse
with a poorly set up local digi.  And believe me,
there are an awfully lot of poorly set up systems
out there... distorted tones, overdriven transmitters
improper skew etc...

Bob

TIA

Peter