[aprssig] Question about paths

n4qwf at ntelos.net n4qwf at ntelos.net
Sat Jun 18 17:10:55 EDT 2005

Thanks for taking the time to repsond. As I understand it your message is
aimed at how I can get to the internet while I am at my home area. My
concern is how do I get to my home area when I am away from home. Such as
I was this past week while on vacation in Nagshead,NC. I don't have any
problem here in Lynchburg,Va. with things working rather nicely using
WA4BWB-3. I use a path of Wide 3-3. Most of the fellows here do the same.
I saw some of those on the screen of my D-700 while I was away but none of
them saw me back here. Something seems wrong with that. Seems I should
have been the one using a path that would get me digi'ed and not someone
who is at home and does not need to be seen around the country. I changed
the path in my radio APRS setup to a number of different alias but none
seemed to work. I would hope at some point there would be established a
path setting that anyone could change there local setting to and get
digi'ed back to were it matters. If concern over network congestion is
going to prevent those that matter most from being seen then why use it?
Maybe that clarifies my question. Thanks for your attention and 73's <<
John