[aprssig] Oh Gawd --- Google's gone over to the dark side ! Backing BPL !

Bob Snyder rsnyder at toontown.erial.nj.us
Tue Jul 12 11:45:52 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 11:20:56PM -0400, Drew Baxter wrote:
> Well it could wipe out major portions of the HF band, which APRS is
> done on.  Has a fair deal to do with this little hobby that APRS uses
> called.... I think... The Amateur Radio Service.  You might be
> familiar with it. :)
>
> --Droo, K1XVM

And since APRS is widely done with computers, and viruses can infect
computers, does that make computer viruses on topic?

Don't get me wrong; I don't like the announcement, I'd just rather not
see the traffic on this list spike on generic ham radio news.

Bob N2KGO

(and yes, I know, APRS can be done without computers. It can also be
done without HF as well.)