[aprssig] Object DENNI_ato Cannot Be Seen on RF Path

David Flood davidf4 at mindspring.com
Sun Jul 10 13:45:06 EDT 2005

One good thing about owning / running the equipment is that it can be
reconfigured at will and to meet the needs of the situation.

In an emergency such as this, when the affected area is so big that the
existing path doesn't begin to get into the area, a temporary increase in
the path of the igate digi might be in order.

For example, if I were an igate (I wish!) and was the only weather igate
still working in Washington and something big was heading for the eastern
half of the state, I would probably use this path to get info over to that
area:

WIDE2-2,MISSION,WIDE2-2

That doesn't spam the entire area (ok, perhaps it does spam a lot of Western
WA) but any packets that do get to the big gun on the eastern side of the
hills (the MISSION digi) would then get sent out to a decent area (at least
until something happened to Mission and by then I'd probably be off the air
also<G>).

So pick a decent digi 1/2 or 1/4 way or so into the area that needs the data
and do a temporary routed path that gets the data into that area.  Then,
once everyone picks up the pieces, do something more permanent.

Or, if everyone needs the info...

WIDE2-2,WIDE2-2,WIDE2-2

That way, even if the digis in the area are trimming paths larger than 2, it
still gets out and about.

Dave
KD7MYC