[aprssig] Object DENNI_ato Cannot Be Seen on RF Path

Sean Jewett sean at rimboy.com
Sun Jul 10 22:26:52 EDT 2005

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005, Tom Russo wrote:

> It seems that the SSn-N part of the new n-N paradigm was set up with exactly
> this sort of state-wide net need in mind.  One could have WIDEinf-inf trapping
> *AND* allow special-purpose long-haul traffic when necessary.
>
> > Flexibility is the key here.  Change your path to a larger path when needed
> > to suit a specific situation, but be sure to change you path back to the
> > normal recommended settings once that situation is back to normal.
>
> Changing to FL7-7 for emergency WX traffic seems like just what the doctor
> ordered.

AGREED!  I don't understand why people are complaining about the changes
when one of the changes suggested was SNn-n... and it's an easy way to
make sure a wide area gets covered without decimating the network as a
whole (ie, WIDE7-7).

If Florida has gone to the new paradigm then I'm not sure why users are
not using it to their advantage.  Change your hurricane plots to a path of
FLn-n (whatever seems apropos) and call it a day.  End of discussion.

It saves others the trouble that don't necessarily want to see the traffic
either.  ie, we're seeing plenty of WX bullitens from BMX (Birmingham Al)
here in Nashville.  Good to know they've got a flash flood warning.

Sean...

--
The punk rock will get you if the government don't get you first.
	--Old 97's