[aprssig] Cheap Light

bob evinger wd9eka at evinger.com
Tue Jul 5 00:51:41 EDT 2005

I picked up a "puck" counter light with 9? super bright leds in it at
menards for $10.00 12 volt ac/dc and of course a ridiculous low current
compared to just about anything else.

Illumination is great on the radio desk for the kind of operating I do.
Just to mention another alternative.

bob

Bob Evinger   WD9EKA/AAR5MG(Army MARS operator)
If Guns Cause Crime, Then Matches Cause Arson.

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Keith - VE7GDH wrote:

> Bob WB4APR wrote on 04/07/2005
>
>> I just picked up my 4th under-counter fluorescent
>> lamp for $6 at Wall mart.
>
  > I'm glad that the fluorescent lamps are working out for you (good price
too!), but compact fluorescent's are even more efficient, and if you really want to stretch the battery life out, consider super-bright LEDs instead especially if you are running from batteries. I have bought commercially made LED "fixtures" but you can just mount them yourself along with a dropping resistor and have as much or as little light as you need.