[aprssig] Cheap Light

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jul 5 00:22:05 EDT 2005

Bob WB4APR wrote on 04/07/2005

> I just picked up my 4th under-counter fluorescent
> lamp for $6 at Wall mart.

I'm glad that the fluorescent lamps are working out for you (good price too!), but compact fluorescent's are even more efficient, and if you really want to stretch the battery life out, consider super-bright LEDs instead especially if you are running from batteries. I have bought commercially made LED "fixtures" but you can just mount them yourself along with a dropping resistor and have as much or as little light as you need.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH