[aprssig] Cheap Light

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jul 4 22:40:11 EDT 2005

I just picked up my 4th under-counter flourescent
lamp for $6 at Wall mart.  This is a regular price
and is cheap compared to typical $19 range for
similar 18" lamps (15W).

I installed two in my Comms trailer for Field Day
and just added another on the outside.  Was
initially worried about RF noise since it  has a
part-15 sticker on it and an "electronic" ballast
instead of the old kind.  But I never heard any
noise from it during FD.

When you use APRS out in the field, it is nice
to have a lamp to shine on the log pad and
pencil  (APRS related hi hi)...

de Wb4APR, Bob