[aprssig] More digis are changing to the new paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jul 4 20:14:24 EDT 2005

New mexico has always been interesting in that it has
more digipeaters than it has users.  But they sure
know how to do SAR..

>>> needhame1 at plateautel.net 07/04/05 4:04 PM >>>

>I have just been informed that the New Mexico
>digis will be changing to the new paradigm...no more
>than WIDE3-3. Currently, excluding digis, I only see
>13 stations, and only 4 of these are in New Mexico,
>including myself.
>
>I'm not sure I like this -- for YEARS I have been out
>on the end of a long string of digis, and I don't see
>much unless people use longer paths.  It's
>very frustrating that so many people want to "jump
>on the bandwagon" EVERYWHERE and fix problems
>that only exist in the big cities.

Yes, it seems that restricting hops to 3 in such a
sparse area, might be counterproductive, but then
it is hard for me to know, since I cant see the network
there and it is a world of difference to here where we
have 300 users in just a 150 mile radius.   Bob