[aprssig] More digis are changing to the new paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jul 4 20:21:28 EDT 2005

Earl,
I sympathize with your plight...

>>> needhame1 at plateautel.net 07/04/05 5:04 PM >>>
> The world is different everywhere you go -- you have
>50 stations within about 66 miles, I have 50 within 96
http://66.78.35.146/cgi-bin/near.cgi?call=KF4OTN and
http://66.78.35.146/cgi-bin/near.cgi?call=Kd5xb-2 )

Ah, but in New Mexico, with all those mountains, Isnt
it easy to go well beyond 96 miles and still only use
3 hops?   Again, I am not that familiar with that area,
but 3 hops even here back east can easily cover
96 miles.   I thought in NM, that 3 hops can get anywhere
in the state?  (nice mountains)...

         Except I only see a fraction of them because you have to use a
longer path that WIDE2-2 to get that far.

         And Bob -- who legitimately has a problem with congestion -- has
50 stations within only 13 miles.  The whole "New N-n Paradigm" was to try
a fix a problem that BOB is having, not me, and probably not you.  I
seriously doubt this type of congestion occurs outside of big cities.

         If you read my message again, you may notice that I never said I
want to see stations nation-wide.

         It would be really interesting if a few people from the east coast
would come set up their stations in, say, Hereford, Texas, and see just how
congested the system ISN'T.  We don't need these fixes out here because the
system isn't congested out here.

         Try walking a mile in MY shoes...
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info