[aprssig] Re: Google maps

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Jul 2 07:47:44 EDT 2005

steve at dimse.com wrote:

> .
> T the icons must be in PNG, the only icon files I have at the moment
> which are one icon to a file are GIFs, so I either need to grab a new
> set or convert to PNG. Furthermore, since you read the docs, you know
> the shadow file is mandatory, and no APRS icon set I'm aware of has
> shadows. In other words, adding icons will be much more work than
> just cutting and pasting a code fragment from the API docs...

.
Are you ready for me to convert my Rev G symbol set to a new format?
I've noticed that while Rev G symbols display correctly on the main maps
of Findu, the old out-of-date ones continue to show in the nearby
stations lists and other places.

Am I correct in assuming the station list requires them in individual
files?    Could one pass at this (cutting up the Rev G bitmaps) make
them usable both for Google and the current findu station lists?

Stephen H. Smith             wa8lmf (at) aol.com

Home Page:                   http://wa8lmf.com

New APRS Symbol Chart
  http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/miscinfo/APRS_Symbol_Chart.pdf

New/Updated "Rev G" APRS     http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/aprs