[aprssig] IGate test needed

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Jan 29 16:53:18 EST 2005

Same thing that happens when different positions with the same call are
received: the new position wins.  However, of course, objects are
normally not tracked by most clients so you won't have a history on
tracking capable clients.  RF or APRS-IS act the same.

The WinLink, EchoLink, and IRLP objects should use unique names.
EchoLink (EL- and ER-) and IRLP (STN) do although I would rather see IRL
or IRLP instead of STN as that is more indicative of what the object is.
This is assuming, of course, that the IRLP server would switch to using
objects instead of positions.  WinLink just uses grid squares for
reasons already discussed so they don't need to be rehashed.  However,
it would be nice to have WL- as a prefix to the grid square (or
something similar) to ensure uniqueness.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net