[aprssig] IGate test needed

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Sat Jan 29 16:51:14 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Bruninga [mailto:bruninga at usna.edu]

Our intent is to make these real-time IRLP and EchoLink node status
available from a central location via the APRS-IS so that all it takes to
get them to RF in the area where APRS users can see them is for the local
IGate operator that covers the RF area of the node, to put it in the
pass-to-RF list for his Igate and to do this in coordination with other
Igates and locals, so that we dont have dupes and the objects only cover the
RF area of the nodes...  de WB4APR, Bob
<<<

Well, I'm bought-in. I don't travel much, but when I do I'd be thrilled to
get info like that available on my D700 screen.
I lump this along with the SKYWARN stuff that I also gate locally. There are
a few "base" APRS users who wonder about the "value", without considering
the mobile users, many of whom have told me either directly or indirectly
that they're very pleased to see them.