[aprssig] IGate test needed

Brad [VE3BSM] lists.nospam at bpsmicro.com
Sat Jan 29 15:11:51 EST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]
On Behalf Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 2:17 PM
To: aprssig at lists.tapr.org; spider at rivcom.net
Subject: Re: [aprssig] IGate test needed

> 90% of the Igates are not going to gate these objects.

Lets wait and see.  I think the marriage of the local situational awareness
of APRS is a perfect application for this.  And I think IRLP and EchoLink
are a lot of the future of HamRadio.  I think eventually all IGates will be
doing it.  If we can just get them to do it right.
LOCAL ONLY.

I'll absolutely be gating the local nodes as soon as they're available. And
I know the local mobile users will be, at best, pleased and at worst,
indifferent.

The only thing I'm unclear on is how these "objects" are getting sent out in
the first place. Are you relying on each IRLP/Echolink node owner to put
their individual node into onto the APRS net somehow? Or is there to be some
centralized process that'll automagically put *all* the nodes out?

Brad.
VE3BSM