[aprssig] Why does...

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Jan 20 16:33:02 EST 2005

> and 300-baud HF.  The code is open-source and the development tools
> are available for free, so you can tweak the code to your liking if
> you're so inclined.
>
>     http://www.opentrac.org

That's the (infrequently updated) site for the protocol development project.
It's largely stalled right now while I'm working on new hardware that'll be
able to test the more interesting network features.

For the tracker hardware, you want:

http://n1vg.net/opentracker

There are also folks in Germany and Finland (and maybe Argentina soon) that
do some distribution within their countries, some of them sourcing parts
locally to help avoid import duties.  Depending on where you're at, it may
be cheaper (or at least faster) to go through them.  And of course, you're
always welcome to homebrew.  The firmware downloads are free whether you
bought anything from me or not.

Scott
N1VG