[aprssig] Why does...

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Jan 20 15:55:51 EST 2005

At 01:39 PM 1/20/2005, Stephen H. Smith wrote:
><snip>
>You are transmitting a raw unprocessed NMEA string directly out of the
>GPS receiver which makes it impossible to embed the symbol codes within
>the posit.
><snip>
>If you are using a "dumb" TNC that can't do anything but blindly echo
>the raw NMEA output of a GPS receiver onto the air, perhaps you should
>consider a TinyTrack.  It CAN do the short formats, AND can store two
>different path settings that are selectable in the field with a toggle
>switch.

         You guessed right, this is from a dumb tracker that I have pressed
into service only last week, since my HamHUD and associated equipment was
stolen last March.  It's only temporary, I'm going to try and get another
HamHUD together.

         The question about the icon on Findu was simply curiosity on my part.

         7 3
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info