[aprssig] New Mexico and Arizona... New n-N Paradigm

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jan 20 10:35:22 EST 2005

>>> daron at wilson.org 1/20/05 9:42:54 AM >>>
>But....we've spent the last year planning and are now
>building out relay/weather digi's in the areas that were hard
>to get out of to a wide digi.  There are about four of them
> We deliberately set these up as RELAY only...
>
>Changing them all to WIDE is certainly possible, but...

I hope that is a typo.  What I am saying is that in simple
ALIAS-only type of digipeaters that are acting as FILL
digis, they should in the future support both aliases
of "RELAY" and "WIDE2-2" .  This can be done with
MYALIAS and with MYNODE or MYBBS in some TNC.s

>So why will it be more efficient for us to use WIDE2-2
>now and bypass these relay stations when you can't hit
>the wide digi from those canyon road areas?

They should be both.  First  for a mobile that needs to use
them as a RELAY to get into another digipeater further on.
But also support WIDE2-2 for a modern mobile that
happens to wander into the area and needs to be heard.

Bob
WB4APR

N7HQR