[aprssig] UI-ALOHA

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 19 19:12:44 EST 2005

With home stations defaulting to 30 minute reports, and with
less than a 50% probability of succes for a single packet,
it doenst surprise me that it takes an hour or more of collecting
stations before you get the real picture of your ALOHA area...

Yes, where there is complete network overload it will fill up quicker
but it wont fill up with your "real" N nearest stations until about
an hour or more...  as all of the locals are eventually heard from.
bob

>>> needhame1 at plateautel.net 01/19/05 5:11 PM >>>

         Here's an interesting experiment --

         For those of you using UI-View and the UI-ALOHA addon, how long

does it take, after clearing all stations, to get your ALOHA circle
back?  I cleared all stations at 1412 LCL, and it took until 1510 LCL --
58
minutes -- to calculate a new ALOHA circle.

         Is it faster than this back east?  I would assume that a busier

network would make this a lot faster.

         Curious,
         Earl

Earl Needham, KD5XB, Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
http://kd5xb-2.no-ip.info