[aprssig] New symbol or change of old one...

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue Jan 18 09:07:54 EST 2005

>>> k8jwt at adelphia.net 1/18/05 6:27:27 AM >>>
>either create a new station symbol or modify a old one?
> is the new federal program called CERT (Community
>Emergency Responce Team) ...
>My idea was to change the old symbol for CD (Civil Defence)
>if there was one to a white block with the letters CERT
>in green inside of the block?

That is exactly why that symbol was made to support overlay
characters.  Overlay R for Races, overlay C for CERT... etc.
That should be perfect.

That symbol is named Civil Defense for no other reason than
the fact that I like to match names with characters where
possible.  So since the symbol is a "c", I chose the CD name.
But otherwise, think of it as an emergency services kind of
symbol for just this kind of purpose.

I'll add CERT as one of the standard uses of the overlay C on it.

Bob
WB4APR