[aprssig] In a nutshell?

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Thu Jan 6 15:13:34 EST 2005

On Jan 6, 2005, at 12:06 PM, Sean Jewett wrote:

>> As soon as the LID crown realizes that WIDE,WIDE,WIDE,WIDE,WIDE gets
>> them as far as WIDE5-5 used to.
>
> Well, it's not like there's nothing to stop them now.

Right.  My personal theory is that if someone put up an "APRS web page"
that had five WIDEs (or even five RELAYs) as an example of "how to make
sure you show up on findu", it wouldn't take too long for us to see
this on RF.  I hate to even put this in a message to the list, because
a google will find it in the list archives.

>   It would be nice to
> get some sort of digined smarts into say, UIDIGI to keep something like
> that from being allowed,

Yep, and that's what started me down this twisty little path.

> On the other hand, I have a pile of Apple IIe's sitting at my place
> waiting for a project... they're fairly robust, but you'd all question
> my
> sanity.

Hey, there are days I wish for my Commodore 64 back.

-Jason
kg4wsv