[aprssig] time for APRS second generation network?

J. Lance Cotton josecanuc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:02:43 EST 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 12:18:44 -0500, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:
> Its works just like the APRS-IS.  Everything from up to 8
> ALOHA areas all goes in to the 9600 buad UHF backbone:
> * Anyone who wants to see EVERYTHING tunes in UHF at 9600

Where does a person who wants to see EVERYTHING transmit his/her
position? Do they do it on the 9600 freq at 9600? If so, does that
mean the 9600 Digi runs at full duplex with split freq? Will the 9600
BIG stream ever "pause" to listen, supposing the full datastream gets
up to near 9600bps?

Or do those folks transmit on the normal 1200 APRS freq?

(I'm just asking because I'm curious -- I don't want to be a
troublemaker today :-)
--
J. Lance Cotton, KJ5O
joe at lightnigflash.net
http://kj5o.lightningflash.net
Three Step Plan: 1. Take over the world. 2. Get a lot of cookies. 3.
Eat the cookies.