[aprssig] time for APRS second generation network?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu Jan 6 12:59:15 EST 2005

> Its a win-win.  I think it is ideal for the LA basin.
> One 9600 baud feed from the High site could
> see "everything"...  And the investment is all done
> at one site.  Done.!

I think I asked this question on the CA APRS list and didn't get any good
replies... what rigs work well at 9600?  I want a relatively inexpensive
single-band radio that I can put in a rack and ignore.  A D700 would be
overkill, far too expensive considering I wouldn't use the majority of its
features and the internal TNC wouldn't be adequate anyway.

I'd rather not mess with adapting a commercial rig, though I'd buy one at a
reasonable price if someone's selling them already converted.

Scott
N1VG