[aprssig] D700 Position Limit functionality?

William McKeehan mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net
Wed Jan 5 17:33:00 EST 2005

I am a new D700 owner and was wondering about the POSITION LIMIT setting in
the APRS menu.

The manual says:

If APRS is popular in your area, you may receive too
many APRS packets for a short period. If this disturbs
your APRS activities, specify a distance from your
location. You will not receive APRS packets from
stations beyond this distance.

I do continue to receive packets from stations beyond this distance, but they
are not stored in my "list" of stations. If I have the D700 setup as a
digipeter, will it ignore packets that are outisde of this range also? or is
this just for stations that are kept in the "list"?

--
William McKeehan
KI4HDU
Internet: mckeehan at mckeehan.homeip.net