[aprssig] WIDEs

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 5 14:46:03 EST 2005

>>> kf4otn at earthlink.net 1/5/05 11:28:32 AM >>>
I'm curious.  If I'm using a path like RELAY,WIDE,WIDE and it gets
repeated twice so it now looks like K4ROK-10*,KB4TOH-10*,WIDE why
would K4ROK-10 repeat the packet again?

Because more than one RELAY may have heard it
and more than one WIDE may have heard it.

Yes, callsign substitution prevents the same digi from
digipeating his same packet again, but only if he has
already digipeated it befor.  It will still digipeat all the
other copies that it hears from all the other WIDES.

Greg is right, this is a problem.  That is why we KEEP
n-N ROUTING, but just RENAME IT to SSn-N for
better managing how far it can go...

The BEST path will be SS2-2 in busy areas.  Every n-N
digi will do it and there will be no dupes...

Bob

 Wouldn't it see that it is
in the path already and not digipeat it again?

73s,
Eric KF4OTN
kf4otn at amsat.org
http://www.ericsatcom.net

Project OSCAR Member
AMSAT-NA Member: 35360
AMSAT Eastern North Carolina Area Coordinator